Underestimating the importance of equipment maintenance is taking a toll on your bottom line. The saying â€œif it isnâ€™t broke, donâ€™t fix itâ€ is too often the way some view construction equipment maintenance. Why would you pay for service on your equipment if thereâ€™s nothing wrong with it? Believe it or not, there are several reasons. Construction equipment is an investment that requires time and money to keep in optimal shape.
What does basic IT maintenance cover?
Basic IT maintenance tasks include:
- Archiving old files
- Deleting duplicate files
- System updates
- System patches
- Anti-virus implementation
- Checks and maintenance of downloaded software packages
- Hardware and other equipment checks
- Any other company-specific disk cleanup tasks
IT maintenance security services
More complex IT maintenance tasks involve company security. Although these may be done internally depending on the skill sets of employees, it is usually too complex a task and as such, it makes sense to outsource to a specialist IT support company with the necessary skills and experience.
IT maintenance for malware security
Malware-related breaches in company IT security have a visible and often highly detrimental short-term impact, but they are also responsible for far-reaching consequences.
If sensitive or personal information is leaked as a result of inadequate IT security maintenance, this will be detrimental to your companyâ€™s reputation. The latest GDPR regulations regarding privacy and the use of personal data renders system security more important than ever before.
IT security maintenance
IT security maintenance also involves essential system and software backups, ensuring the safe storage and accessibility of all company information.
These backups require knowledge of the system itself â€“ all relevant IT documentation must be readily accessible for successful backup and recovery in case of a major server failure or a cyber attack.
How to make sure your software is up to date
As a business, you cannot afford to neglect IT maintenance duties, whether they are basic housekeeping tasks or more in-depth security or recovery work.
A reduction in the efficiency of your software function will negatively impact employee productivity, interrupting tasks conducted on malfunctioning software.
There are several means by which you can choose to manage your IT maintenance:
- Hire an in-house IT specialist â€“ this is only possible in larger companies that can afford the high salaries that experienced in-house IT experts command. A single IT specialist may not be able to provide the necessary server support, depending on the extent and usage of your servers. In this case, you will need to hire a team at a greater expense
- Delegate your IT maintenance tasks to existing employees â€“ this may seem a more cost-effective solution for smaller businesses, but this approach can result in insufficient output in both the employeeâ€™s original role and in software maintenance tasks
- Outsource your IT maintenance â€“ this avoids delegating the tasks to employees in other roles while remaining a financially feasible option for smaller businesses. Youâ€™ll also benefit from the skills and experience of a specialist, dedicated team
Computer maintenance company software
We are industry experts, providing bespoke solutions for your IT system, enabling your business to achieve maximum productivity and profitability. Specialising in commercial computer and software maintenance, we know that your systems and software are critical to your organisation and we understand that any failures in your IT infrastructure can be costly in terms of motivation, reputation and finance.
Our range of cost-effective computer system maintenance options includes a 24/7 proactive server support service for company software. We can also complete a variety of IT service tasks on your behalf, from broadband management to auditing. Our service is entirely customisable, ensuring weâ€™re able to create the solution that works for you and your business.
If youâ€™d like to learn more about how our expert team can oversee your IT maintenance requirements, please just get in touch with us â€“ weâ€™ll be more than happy to discuss your exact requirements.